History and Mission

Faculty in collaboration with the Higher Teachers Institute started the idea which goes back to 1956 when an urgent need was felt to train teachers for the secondary schools and to replace expatriate teachers by their Sudanese equivalents. An educational committee, composed of some educational and guidance professionals from the Sudan and abroad, recommended the plans concerning the foundation of this Institute. The foundation was carried out under the supervision of the Ministry of Education and Guidance (then the Department of Education) and with the assistance from UNESCO.

Log in

create an account